Scientific articles & contributions
- Reports from the Workshops
- Lehodey, P. (2019). Report of the 3rd MESOPP Workshop: Designing the needs for the implementation of a global coupled acoustic-based observation-modelling system. Third MESOPP Workshop 9-11 Oct 2018, Falmouth, USA, MESOPP-19-0001: 32 pp.
- Lehodey, P. (2018). Report of the 2nd MESOPP Workshop: User Requirements for a Central Information System (CIS) on the acoustic-based observation-modelling system. Second MESOPP Workshop 7-9 June 2017, St Andrews, UK, MESOPP-18-0002: 28 pp.
- Lehodey, P. (2017). Report of the first MESOPP Workshop: Towards standards of acoustic data for micronekton modelling. First MESOPP Workshop 10-13 September 2016, Hobart, Australia, MESOPP-16-0006: 38 pp.
- Haris K., R. Kloser, 2018: Acoustic data from vessels of opportunity. Report from the EU-H2020 MESOPP project, MESOPP-18-0009: 39 pp.
- Fielding, S.,2018: Report of acoustic processing routines & quality checking methods. Report from the EU-H2020 MESOPP project, MESOPP-18-0003: 41 pp.
And its annex:
Calmettes, B., Conchon, A., 2017: NetCDF structure for acoustic data in MESOPP project. Report from the EU-H2020 MESOPP project, MESOPP-17-0001: 14 pp.
- Roland Proud, Martin J. Cox , Camille Le Guen, Andrew S. Brierley, 2018: Fine-scale depth structure of pelagic communities throughout the global ocean based on acoustic sound scattering layers. Mar Ecol Prog Ser 598:35-48. https://doi.org/10.3354/meps12612
- Haris, K. , RJ. Kloser, TE. Ryan, J. Malan, Deep-water calibration of echosounders used for biomass surveys and species identification, ICES Journal of Marine Science, fsx206, https://doi.org/10.1093/icesjms/fsx206
- Roland Proud, Martin J. Cox, Andrew S. Brierley, 2017: Biogeography of the Global Ocean’s Mesopelagic Zone, Current Biology, Volume 27, Issue 1, 113 – 119
- Roland Proud, Nils Olav Handergard, Rudy J Kloser, Martin J Cox, Andrew S Brierley, 2018: From siphonophores to deep scattering layers: uncertainty ranges for the estimation of global mesopelagic fish biomass. ICES Journal of Marine Science, fsy037, https://doi.org/10.1093/icesjms/fsy037
- Proud, Roland, Martin J. Cox, Rudy Kloser, Nils Olav Handegard, Andrew S. Brierley, Linking the mesopelagic components of ecosystem models to acoustic vertical echosounder observations, MEASO 2018, Hobart, Australia, 9-13 April 2018.
- Trebilco, Rowan Jess Melbourne-Thomas, Andrew Constable, Big questions, next steps and future for science on modelling habitats, species and ecosystems in the Southern Ocean, MEASO 2018, Hobart, Australia, 9-13 April 2018.
- Conchon, Anna, Olivier Titaud, Patrick Lehodey ,Cédric Cotté, Acoustic data assimilation in a micronekton model: a method to study species assemblage?, SCAR Biology Symposium 2017 – Leuven, Belgium, 10-14 July 2017.
- Trebilco, Rowan, Jess Melbourne-Thomas, Andrew Constable, Simon Wotherspoon, Mark Hindell, Clive Mcmahon, Mary-Anne Lea, Kerrie Swadling, Paige Kelly, Julia Blanchard, Size based models for understanding southern ocean food web structure and energy pathways, SCAR Biology Symposium 2017 – Leuven, Belgium, 10-14 July 2017.
- Proud, Roland, Martin J. Cox, Andrew S. Brierley, A biogeography of the mesopelagic zone (200 – 1000 m) based on deep scattering layers, ASLO 2017 Aquatic Sciences Meeting, Honolulu, Feb 26 – Mar 3, 2017